Monday 17 October 2016

Math Update

On Wednesday we will have a "mid-unit check in". This is not a unit test, but rather an assessment to determine how students are doing so far in our place value unit. This quiz will be marked and sent home in the portfolio for parents to see. Students have some homework to prepare for this quiz. They should have brought their blue math workbook home tonight. They are working on pages 12-13, and 22-23. Math books should be returned to school complete on Wednesday. Thank you for your support at home.


We have been working on representing numbers using base ten blocks. Often we have to "regroup" the base ten blocks to determine the number being represented. Here are some examples:



Students have different strategies that they use to solve this type of problem.

Here are some riddles to try at home!

I have 29 tens and 23 ones. What number am I?

I have 34 tens and 15 ones. What number am I?

I have 56 tens and 23 ones. What number am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.